Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One Who Blogs

I was never going to write a blog. But then again I was never going to live in California. I was never going to fast in the desert for several days and cry for a vision. I was never going leave a perfectly fine, established career and a great apartment in order to dive into the depths of my soul. I was never going to be so fortunate as to fall in love over half a dozen times only to fall head over heels for..... drumroll please..... my Self. But really, if I think about it a little bit harder, I was always going to do all of these things. These things and so many more that have made up the stories of my life.

And it keeps coming up, the blog thing. When it first entered my mind I nearly laughed out loud! Sure, the Mystery wants me to write a blog. But then it happened again in meditation and it came to me again in nature of all places. All I talk about these days, all I tell my self is PAY ATTENTION. So here I am, paying attention to the call to blog. It makes sense, really: I want to share my stories, what a great place to start.

It's got to be authentic. Otherwise, what's the point? It's easy enough to be authentic with others in my "new" life. It wasn't hard for me to share with fourteen strangers on the vision quest or my new boss or friends that I've only spoken to on the phone. It's not difficult to tell a story to a tree or a squirrel. But to be authentic with some of you from my old life that maybe I haven't necessarily opened up to about my journey..... that's a little daunting.

So here I go. I'm excited to see what will enfold here and in life. I hope you'll join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment