Thursday, January 12, 2012

Musings from 2011

At what point did we lose the conversation?
The one without the glitz and the glamor
When did the melody become difficult to hear?
You need to understand this!

Let’s be people who deserve to be loved. Who are worthy. Cause we are worthy, we really are!

I’m afraid what will happen when this hits the air...

I’ve been feeling lately, maybe I’m more resilient than I thought
~


She feels like home.
In all of her magnificence and mystery
She feels like coming home.

She travels alone.
Images, they all seem to blend together.
She understands that there is a reason,
Like a secret no one knows.

And admittedly, she herself is not even sure.
She wanders in acceptance, alone but hardly lonely.

~





 “The plain fact is that the planet does not need more successful people. But it does desperately need more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers, and lovers of every kind. It needs people who live well in their places. It needs people of moral courage willing to join the fight to make the world habitable and humane. And these qualities have little to do with success as we have defined it.”
-David Orr,  Earth in Mind



Rest with me, my weary child
Let your bones go limp and
your heart grow tired

There will be no moon tonight
Open not your sleepy eyes
Believe me there is no more fight

If I gathered you up like kindle
for the fire
Would you not tend to my flame?
My wants and desires?
~


I don’t consider myself an unreasonable person, except for when it comes to romantic love. There seemed to be nothing I could do to stop the attraction, as much as it didn’t make sense.  We don’t touch, that’s what lovers would do. When we’re together we can keep our hands off each other. He’s never paid me a compliment. When he says I am beautiful I believe him.
~

                          If I’m not depressed, who am I? If I’m happy, who am I???



Distant

Who do you think is going to  walk through that door?
The key to your destiny? Doubtful.
You're next one night stand?
Slightly more probable.
An unknowing piece in the puzzle you call your journey?
Could be.

What makes you the fortunate one?
Who are you to be any different than them?
You are.
Different that is.
You are a fly on the wall.
They are participants.
They only speak of crazy.
You are it!
They avoid, you embrace the void.


Why must they knock on the door?
And why do you walk,
scratch that,
run away?
If you must hold onto your darkness then devour it,
become it,
live it.




No comments:

Post a Comment